- Ref: FS17
- Location: Wirral
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
Under supervision from Underwriting Management and operating strictly within FCA Principles and Guidelines, the jobholder will review policy documents and make underwriting recommendations in line with company’s guidelines and rating process. To ensure that queries are reviewed and followed up, ensuring excellent customer services is provided.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Assess and gather background information on individual risks
- Review and Interrogate proposal forms and calculate possible risk
- Within underwriting guidelines and parameters, calculate individuals / organisations insurance premium
- Review and decide clients' suitability for insurance cover
- Check insured’s previous claim history, if any, and comment accordingly
- Liaise with surveyors regarding risk assessment
- Gather information and / or reports from surveyors
- Specify any conditions to be imposed, as appropriate
- To ensure a high standard of service is offered to all clients, at all times
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Experience / Skills
- Experience of making underwriting recommendations and decisions in a similar insurance environment.
- Ability to make accurate underwriting recommendations based on the information supplied, in line with company guidelines and rating system.
- Good knowledge of FCA Principles and how they relate to the role of Underwriter
- High level of technical skills in order to use of personal computers and related software applications
- Numerical aptitude to perform simple accounting procedures
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate files and records
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Planning, organising and co-ordinating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and you are interested, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.