Insurance Bond Manager
- Ref: CS401
- Location: Home working
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: 30000 - 42000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
Our well established client is looking for a Road & Sewer Bond Manager to join them. Working 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, you will enjoy a host of employee
benefits, joining a great team in fantastic offices (however homeworking may be initially required due to Covid), with salary of £30-42k per annum
DOE. This role is working from home however some travel to Wirral will be required due to line management as part of the role.
You will be responsibility for the day to day management of the Road and Sewer Bond Team ensuring it runs effectively and operates strictly within FCA Regulations and delegated authority.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Road and Sewer Bond team, providing on the job training, coaching, mentoring and development as well as for all other areas of the company for any queries or questions relating to Bonds.
- Develop systems and processes, working within agreed delegated authority to manager the operations of the R&S Bond team including:
- - Gathering and assessment of information on individual risks
- - Review and Interrogate proposal forms and calculate possible risk and calculating risk and premium ratings and reviewing and deciding clients' suitability for insurance cover
- - Check insured’s previous claim history, if any, and comment accordingly
- - Liaise with surveyors regarding risk assessment
- - Prepare policy documentation
- - Specify any conditions to be imposed, as appropriate
- - Negotiate with brokers and liaise with introducing intermediaries
- Manage the over-run charge process, liaising with finance over invoices
- Attend and facilitate Quote Generation Unit meetings
- Liaise and build relationships with Insurers to answer questions, discuss referrals and develop offering
- Ensure team are fully compliant with FCA regulations in force
- Ensure monthly 1-2-1’s are completed with all team members
- Ensure annual PDP’s are completed in the relevant timescales
- Ensure a high standard of service is offered to all clients, at all times
- Prepare relevant weekly / monthly reports and MI and generate and collate management information when required by Underwriting Senior Management, Joint Managing Director, Group Chairman or the Insurers.
- Develop relationships with sales and key clients
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience required, wider knowledge of the Surety market, preferably in-depth
- Supervisory or Management experience in a similar environment
- In depth knowledge of FCA Regulations relating to the role
- Proven experience of managing a team, setting KPIs and achieving targets
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Strong Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Problem Solving experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- CII DIP Qualification (commitment to achieve this level will be considered)
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role and are interested, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.