Residential Property Finance Underwriter
- Ref: CS365
- Location: Wirral
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: 30000 - 35000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
Our Wirral client is seeking an experienced Underwriter to join their team, ideally full time Monday-Friday, however they are flexible and happy to
consider 4 days, compressed/ blended working hours. You will be joining an experienced hard working team with a friendly and relaxed environment.
Salary circa £30k DOE.
- Assess and structure property development and bridging finance deals.
- Manage the admin and development of the case through to legals and whilst the build is in course.
- Have a good understanding of how building projects work and the important factors to be taken into consideration as a Lender. Including structuring interest payments and restructuring deals where necessary.
- Liaising with internal departments (Credit and Sales) and external parties (Surveyors, Quantity surveyors, Solicitors, Brokers and Customers) to effectively manage the lending process.
- Monitoring the scheme during the build, actioning and assessing drawdown of funds requests.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal BDMs/brokers/clients, keeping them informed of case progress throughout.
- Must be flexible in approach and be prepared to work as part of a team, which has constant changing demands to ensure we meet our client and business needs.
- Ability to make commercial decisions, and structure redemption strategies, whilst maintaining the compliance of the property portfolio.
- Ability to work on numerous cases at any one time and priories any urgent requests.
- Work with credit control when cases breaches terms and conditions.
- Support Head of Underwriting if required.