Back to SearchBack to Search
Duties will include:
Insurance Claims Handler
- Ref: CS397
- Location: Wirral
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: up to £30000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
Join our highly successful, established and expanding client, working 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, you will enjoy a host of employee benefits, joining a great team in fantastic offices (however homeworking may be initially required due to Covid), with a salary of up to £30k per annum DOE.
You will work within a claims environment, processing and handling of new and existing claims. Managing your own caseload of claims, aiding and supporting Claims Team Leader and Head of Claims, liaising as necessary with Technical Surveyors and operating strictly within FCA regulations and guidelines.
Duties will include:
- Provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved
- Process new insurance claims notifications
- Collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
- Analyse a claim made by a policymaker
- Guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim
- Manage your own caseload of files including small to medium sized aggregates ensuring they are proactively and correctly handled and that there is a fair settlement of a valid claim
- Consider any recovery prospects and work with the Recoveries Manager to take this forward.
- Set and maintain appropriate reserves throughout the lifecycle of all claims
- Handle claims declinatures and appeals
- Ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
- Regularly review and improve existing processes
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Essential Experience/ Skills
- A general understanding of the insurance market and related products
- Ability to deal professionally with clients/management/staff at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure to a high standard
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A strong decision maker
- Enthusiastic and committed with a desire to achieve and exceed targets
- A high level of listening and problem solving skills
- Excellent prioritising skills
- Able to react quickly and effectively when dealing with challenging situations
- Proven experience of understanding the importance of providing excellent customer service and experience in delivering customer support
- To be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
- Work well with other team members
- Working knowledge of FCA Regulations
- Well organised and conscientious with ability to plan and monitor work tasks.
- Good IT skills, including Windows Office Suite and knowledge of databases
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role and are interested, please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Job: 'Insurance Claims Handler' // Job URL: 'http://www.jfrecruit.co.uk/view-jobs/insurance-claims-handler' // Job Ref: 'CS397'