Head of Building Control & Design Review
- Ref: CS366
- Location: Home Based
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: 75000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
Join our highly successful, established and expanding client,, you will enjoy a host of employee benefits, joining a great team with a salary of up to £75k DOE. The business. Working 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday. This role is primarily a home based role but there will be some travel required, therefore the candidate must have full UK driving licence and be willing to stay away from home as and when required.
The Head of Building Control and Design Review will have hands on experience of undertaking building control and plan checking duties previously, therefore
having a comprehensive understanding of current and forthcoming building regulations. The ideal candidate will be an experienced people manager
and will have lead teams to perform to a high standard. Customer focus will be a large element of the role and where necessary the Head of Building
Control and Design Review will be involved in liaising with customers to meet their requirements. The successful candidate will seek new ways to
improve process within the departments to improve both internal and external customer experience.
- To manage, lead and oversee the Building Control Function, ensuring compliance with CIC Code of Conduct and Building Control Performance Standards.
- To drive the development of Building Control business within the company becoming a specialist in the area with associated income and management of excellent service delivery.
- To assist in the Development of Surveyors, ensuring shared knowledge of Building Regulation and company agreed Building Regulation technical standards in line with Company requirements
- To ensure the adequate management, development and execution of effective and efficient processes to support the ‘Zero Claims’ culture.
- To ensure that standards and quality are being maintained and procedures adhered to in respect of Building Control Performance Standards across the business, providing support across the company were required
- To maintain relationships and ongoing liaison with internal staff, developers / clients offering technical advice and guidance.
- To provide educated advice, guidance and knowledge to the areas within the business including Marketing and Underwriting Departments on Building Regulation changes/updates.
- To liaise with Technical Services in relation to Building Regulation technical matters, interpretation, including the preparation of technical training.
- To providing support to Regional Managers in the development of trainees and new starters, assisting with competency training.
- To undertake competency assessment of existing Surveyors and instigating development and training as required.
- To support the sales team in the offering of bespoke quotes for Building Control.
- To consistently and effectively maintain monitoring and maintenance of the company Building Control Database, sampling and auditing Surveyors and administrative function, in relation to Building Control service provision.
- To ensure that legislative and technical changes to Building Regulations are identified and communicated with appropriate training established.
- To ensure that the Managing Director is aware of any updates or concerns in good time in relation to the adequate management of the building control function.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fully qualified Surveyor (MRICS, TechRICS, MBEng, MCIOB, or similar) with relevant experience is essential.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards gained within a building control environment.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology is desirable.
- Experience of working strategically, developing excellent processes and procedures
- In depth experience of managing and leading remote teams.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.