- Ref: FS24
- Location: Wirral
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: £70,000 - £100,000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
A new role has arisen with our highly successful, established and expanding Wirral based client. Our client is a short commute from Liverpool with great public transport links. You will be working in modern, prestigious offices with an extensive employee benefits list- making this business a great "employer of choice"!! Our client are looking for a permanent Finance Director to join their team.
- To manage the Company’s financial requirements operating strictly within the FCA’s Regulatory framework.
- To manage the day-to-day financial responsibilities of the Company and development of the Finance Team, ensuring all members contribute effectively.
- To give financial input to the board on strategic and commercial decisions.
Overview of Responsibilities
- As an Approved Person for the Company, to understand and comply with the FCA’s Statement of Principles and Code of Practice.
- To ensure we comply with FCA’s principles for the Business and Statements of Principle for Approved Persons and Code of Practice, liaising with Compliance as necessary.
- Development of accounting procedures and controls in relation to trade creditors / purchases, trade debtors / sales transaction cycles and other accounting areas.
- Provide financial expertise re. FCA regulatory requirements, ensuring the Company meets its obligations.
- Management and development of Navision accounting software application, including management reporting facility.
- Production and review of monthly Management Accounts against budget
- Review and production of balance sheet reconciliations.
- To control and monitor month-end procedures.
- To control, monitor and report on FCA financial requirements.
- Preparation of companies’ draft financial statements.
- To manage and develop the Finance Team.
- To organise and liaise with external auditors to ensure the smooth running of audits.
- Development of the accounting procedures and process documents.
- To hold regular finance meetings with the company MD
- To provide financial advice and management information (MI), supporting the MD and other board directors as required.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and FCA Rules.
- To understand and comply with, Quality Management Systems Procedures.
- To review own job description, at least annually, updating as necessary in conjunction with HR.
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Accountant.
- Experience of working within a similar environment would be preferable.
- Knowledge of Navision Accounting software package is highly desirable.
- Experience of implementing accounting software systems and packages.
- In depth knowledge of FCA Regulations, gained over a period of 3 years, in a similar environment.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Problem Solving.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and you are interested, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.