Our client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join them for a 6 month contract covering maternity leave secondment this is an amazing opportunity to join
a growing business, where a longer term contract or opportunity for permanent employment will be reviewed during the 6 months. With an extensive employee
benefits list- making this business a great "employer of choice"!! . Working hours 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. Home working is currently in place,
with a phased return on a rota basis from 7th June, and full time back to office from August. Our client is near to a train station making commuting
to them easy.
Under the supervision of the Financial Manager, to provide a professional focused financial service, ensuring that the most effective systems and processes
are followed at all times.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Responsible for responding to client queries, preparing invoices, statements and investigating receipts using the information provided with all internal
correctly reflect the payment terms agreed.
• Responsible for the allocation of daily cash receipts into the client bank accounts
recording the receipts in our core system within agreed service level agreements.
• Responsible for taking credit and debit card payments via telephone in conjunction
with other Finance team members.
• To support the Financial Manager with adhoc projects to improve processes within
the team and the development of the core system.
• To provide regression testing for the Finance department for any core system
improvements or bug fixes.
• Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations as requested by Financial Manager.
• Liaising with various individuals within the business regarding numerous financial
aspects within the order. Speaking to account handlers in relation to payment plans
and advising CSU members how certain developments are progressing financially.
• To provide assistance to all other members of the finance team when applicable.
• Monitoring the premium unallocated account and ensuring the lowest possible
balance consists throughout the year.
• Any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- To be able to construct emails tailored to the individuals’ applicable, use of correct
terminology where required and to be able to conduct oneself in a professional
manner when liaising with individuals both internally and externally.
- Ability to navigate across the online banking systems that are available, process
payments when needed and supply accurate data to members within the business.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and navigate bespoke systems that are tailored to
needs of company in order to carry out requirements of role.
- Background knowledge of the basic accounting principles, familiar with using debits
and credits along with exercising similar concepts on a daily basis.
- Excellent understanding of all Microsoft formats, excel particularly due to the demand
and requirements needed for day to day processes.
- Demonstrate ability to use own initiative and flexible in personal approach
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and you are interested, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful