Back to SearchBack to Search
Driver/ Warehouse Operative
- Ref: CS405
- Location: Wirral
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: 9.00 - negotiable Per Hour Apply for this Job
Are you looking for a permanent position working for with a friendly team and great employer?
Our client is seeking a Warehouse Operative/Driver to join their busy and growing business, working 8am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday, the client offers free parking, 21 days holiday plus back holiday and the office closes at Christmas. This is a temp - perm position, £9.00p/hr negotiable depending on experience. Overtime also available.
- To support the operational efficiency of the department in order to ensure smooth running of all departments.
- Coordinating of the warehouse, supervising deliveries and shipments as required, ensure that housekeeping within the warehouse is kept up to date.
- Booking in of goods, control of delivery documents and passing through to admin in a timely manner.
- Ensure stock is booked in the day it arrives and that care is taken when noting down LOT numbers and expiry dates for both booking stock in and packing it to ship out. The principles of First Expiry First Out should be followed at all times in accordance with GDP guidelines.
- Regular collection of work orders from the office to ensure orders are picked, packed and shipped same day for stock items.
- Ensure work orders are passed back to admin for shipment paperwork to be processed in plenty of time before the carrier arrives.
- To despatch all goods out using computer based packages from carriers
- To be responsible for the arrangements for loading the carriers and the respective paperwork – also to assist with incoming consignments
- Ensuring all activities are in accordance with current regulations.
- Daily safety checks on the FLT to ensure it is ready for use at all times.
- To organise and carry out stock takes when required.
On The Road
- Plan routes from job sheets/orders in the most efficient and effective way to reduce travel time.
- Ensure sufficient stock is on board van to complete jobs required.
- Ensure van is clean and tidy and vehicle inspection sheets are completed every Monday morning.
- Report any faults or damage to vehicles immediately to General Manager.
- Follow GDP guidelines at all times and ensure that all GDP paperwork is compliant and up to date. Mandatory annual course to be attended.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed, legible and is handed in at the end of each shift.
Successful candidate must have:
- Previous warehouse experience including picking and packing
- Delivery driving on occasion - driving a transit van
- A full clean driving licence
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you haven’t heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Job: 'Driver/ Warehouse Operative' // Job URL: 'http://www.jfrecruit.co.uk/view-jobs/driver-warehouse-operative' // Job Ref: 'CS405'