Building Control Inspector - London
- Ref: CS329
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent / Full-time
- Salary: 38000 - 48000 Per Annum Apply for this Job
Are you a part or full member of MRICS or MCABE?
Do you want the next step in your career? Are you looking for an employer that will invest in your development? Want to progress personally and professionally?
Our client is looking to recruit qualified building surveyors to join the team across the UK, to provide site inspections on a variety of developments to check for compliance with Building Regulations and associated legislation.The company offers an extensive employee benefits package.
Vacancies within London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle and Bristol.
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting buildings being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in accordance with Building Regulations.
- Effectively self-manage, by forward-planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional organisations: MRICS / MCABE or similar in the appropriate discipline of Building Control.
- 5 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Basic understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create good working relationships with other construction professionals
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of a site surveying role, including (but not limited to) the ability to:
- move around a site
- climb ladders
- work at heights
- drive reasonable distances
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and you are interested, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.