Although this is a very candidate driven market at the moment, there are still a lot of people unemployed that need support:
Here’s my top tips on where to get help!
- H&M have launched an initiative called One Second Suit. You can hire a suit from them for 24 hours absolutely free! They even deliver it to you door! Click the link to find out more - https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/men/shop-by-feature/3022-one-second-suit.html
- Suited for Success UK is a charity offering unemployed people free interview suits and smart workwear (yours to keep). They also offer interview coaching and presentation...
Last week via LinkedIn our Operations Manager explored five ways in which recruitment is like air travel. You can read it all here today so don't worry if you missed it.
1. For lift you need a wide wing span.
When recruiting it's really important that you can attract the right talent and mostly this relies on the reach of your advert. In order to attract talent, it's important your advert has the right information! So what do you need to include:
- Salary! If your salary isn't listed or you try putting something like Great Salary, candidates will assume it's minimum wage and won't be likely to apply. ...
Whilst the permanent job market has been in decline in certain industries, the temporary jobs market and other industries are bringing a real demand for certain skills, however the question we have is are businesses being realistic with salaries as we see a continued fall in starting pay?
We have taken our local industry knowledge and conversations we’ve had with local employers along with a UK report on Jobs produced in association with the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) to bring you the latest in recruitment market trends.
JF Recruit Supporting Your Business
The JF Recruit team have continued to support businesses throughout the Wirral and North West during the Covid19 Pandemic in a variety of ways and now that restrictions are being lifted, talk of recruitment is returning to many businesses, yet this brings its own questions.
Where is Jo?
Joanne has been busy developing a clear and concise guide for businesses and Wirral Chamber members in how to conduct a virtual interview with candidates. For many individuals the thought of video calls and interviews is daunting, but it...
With a HoHoHo we are rapidly approaching Christmas and the end of 2019, but don’t shed a tear, the JFR team are excited to move into the next decade and the year ahead 2020.
Firstly we’d like to give a little shout out to our strategic partners at Wirral Chamber, BNI and LinkedIn Online for all your support and working with us all year.
2019 has been full of excitement and laughs for the team, here’s a few of our highlights:
- In her role as Governor, Jo enjoyed supporting Sue Higginson and her brilliant team at Wirral Met College #loveourcolleges
- Feb – Julie wowed us with her...
Meet Jo, our leader who founded JF Recruit in 2013. Jo is probably our most sporty member of the team, she can either be found walking laps of the marine lake, out on the golf course, or supporting our local team TRFC (as she’s a massive Tranmere Fan). Jo wanted to surround herself with great business women and co-founded the Fridays Fizzers, a great group of business women who meet to empower each other. Her International womens day quote is, “ Surround yourself with uplifting, funny, inspiring and positive people, don’t ever be afraid of changing jobs or careers and work hard to achieve what you want out...